Freyssinet Australia Pty Ltd is a multifaceted specialist contractor providing innovative solutions for remediation, post-tensioning and specialist civil engineering. A member of the Soletanche Freyssinet and Vinci Groups, we have an unrivalled reputation in specialised civil engineering across the soils, structures and nuclear sectors. We have local branches in all states and are present in 100 countries around the world.
About the role
We have an exciting position available for Supervisor in our Operations Division based out of our office in Brisbane. The position of Supervisor has accountability for the management of projects, or project components through labour, plant, materials and subcontractors to ensure zero harm, quality and on time delivery. This position has supervisory accountabilities for team, crew and subcontractor performance.
- Lead by example and ensure safety culture
- Develop and implement QSE plans, work procedures and SWMS with project engineer
- Plan and organise site labour, plant, equipment and materials to suit program and budget
- Induct new labour into company systems
- Train site labour and ensure adherence to issues of safety, quality and the environment
Conduct and document safety pre-starts and inspections at required frequency as tabulated below
- Manage safety incidences immediately in conjunction with project engineer and safety coordinator
- Supervise site works through regular site inspections
- Monitor site productivities against budget and optimise methods for improvement
- Identify variations and delays, and promptly report to the project engineer
- Develop and maintain good client relationship for future business
- Degree in Engineering & Construction or equivalent
- ACA (Australian) Corrosion qualifications will be an added value
Skills and Experience
- Experience supervising construction projects.
- At least 7 years’ experience within the construction and civil industry
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- People and Performance Management of subcontractors, suppliers and direct labor.
- Skill in review of design document, ability to understand drawings, provide constructability review and implement final design plans.
- Understanding of WH&S practices, legislation, regulations and current market rates/trades
Technical competency and understanding in the area that supervising.
- Capable of developing and maintaining a 3 week look ahead
- Ability to coordinate and effectively manage multiple trades
- Long term career opportunity with a global company and a family vibe
- We will consider visa sponsorship for a suitably experienced candidate subject to eligibility
- Work for a close-knit team who care for their people
- Competitive remuneration + benefits